Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How the Documentary "Under Our Skin" Saved Nathan Land's Life



"Under Our Skin" Documentary saved Nathan Land's life....a sadly too common story about misdiagnosis for years and being told you've made up a disease in your body when you really have late-stage Lyme....how many more of these stories it will take to change the mainstream medical establishment (esp. the IDSA -Infectious Disease Society of America), I don't know....

HERE is the quick story:
http://www.underourskin.com/news/under-our-skin-saved-my-life

An excerpt from his story which I know is probably the same story with most Lyme patients:

"I also began seeing every type of doctor I could find. Neurologists, cardiologists, psychologists, a rheumatologist, a gastroenterologist, etc. I was examined by anyone and everyone I could find. The answers were always the same. “You look like a healthy strong young man. You need to go out, live your life and stop thinking you are sick. The mind can really be powerful. You should go to see a psychologist, they can help you.”

I would like to make a personal THANK YOU to Julie and Sara (my 2 lovely SF friends) for making a great contribution to Turn The Corner Foundation on my behalf, a non-profit supporting research, education, awareness and innovative treatments for Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. Turn The Corner Foundation was a funder of the amazing documentary, "Under Our Skin," profiled above.

No comments:

Post a Comment