Monday, February 28, 2011

Some inspiration quickies

These words have so much meaning in my life now...even if they don't have meaning in yours, read them and hold them in a place in your heart as maybe one day they will have meaning when you least expect it.

"Misfortune can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone...You can find a new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward." ~Christopher Reeve.

"When a big change occurs in your life it forces you to change direction. Sometimes the new path may not be easy, but you can be absolutely certain that there is magnificence for you on the new path. You can be absolutely certain that the new path contains things that you could not have experienced otherwise. When we look back at a negative event that occurred in the past, we often see how in fact it transformed our life. We see how that event directed us toward a life that we would not change for anything."

Option #3: sob hysterically on the floor, hide under your bed, break a table in anger at the word, lock yourself to oh say..6 seasons straight of The OC or Gossip Girl via Netflix and ignore everyone near you and only have excitement for the trashy tv show that is at that point the only thing that is getting you out of bed in the morning. When it's that bad, and oh I've been there for many years off and on, just keep on keepin' on. Keep going. There is a light, I PROMISE. I didn't believe it many times, but then that was all I had to hold onto - BELIEVING.

I was in that stage for at least 6 months last year, and I am out of it now! There is nothing wrong with being in that place - we are all human and need to express anger, sadness, crushing hopelessness, sense of loss, and numb ourselves to the magnificent pain life can sometimes deliver with the soothing narcotic of mindless television. Better to engulf ourselves in others' torrid lives than face the reality of our own....TEMPORARILY, of course. When it's that bad, give yourself permission to feel it. We cannot be Polyanna every second of the day. I remember a certain someone telling me if I just looked at everything with a better outlook, I would probably be much healthier. Easier said than done, especially when you feel like you are dying and 33 and living with your parents attached to an IV pole and hopelessness like it's a drug. I wanted to throw cheese at his face. But I did not. Instead, I went downstairs, curled up in my leopard-print snuggie, put in 4 hours of "The O.C." and projected my sadness into Marissa Cooper's identity. Yes, sometimes I thought I was her, the broken, sad, young girl. I finished the O.C. and now I'm back in San Francisco and happy and on my way to better health every day....




Honor yourself and where you are, and you will BLOOM.

~Your friendly butterfly-in-the-making, Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment