Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This month, I was honored and humbled to be featured in San Francisco Magazine's December issue. I was in a section where they profiled Women Social Entrepreneurs and in Philanthropy. The reason they chose me was because I am a co-founder and Board Member of a nonprofit, called Spark (www.sparksf.org). I co-founded this nonprofit with some other women when I was in law school about 7 years ago.

I post this here along with the theme of the last post, to show Lyme patients out there that ANYTHING is possible. I never thought I would be able to walk 10 minutes again, to get through the day without napping again, to be able to use my brain again, and I certainly thought I would never work again. Not only am I working, but I am doing well, thriving, and continuing upwards. After years of feeling near-death was imminent (or at least hoping it was because the suffering of this disease was intolerable). I am here to tell you that ANYTHING is possible. I couldn't even imagine working 7 months ago. I am still paying off that medical debt, but I feel blessed to feel independent, healthy, and happy. I would say I am between 85-90%, and still going for the 150%.

Never EVER EVER give up....Below are the photos from the article..I am at the very bottom picture. The link to the online article is at: http://www.modernluxury.com/san-francisco/story/the-philanthropists?page=3.








As I promised, I would detail every piece of my protocol to share what helped me and hope that you can also use some of it to guide you in your treatment process..I'll be posting snippets of info soon, on detox, hormones, etc. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment