Friday, March 22, 2013

Few minutes to fill out the Lyme Disease Map Project!

Inspiration for today


LYME DISEASE MAP PROJECT - take a few minutes to fill it out!

A friend who had Lyme passed this along to me and I hope each of you who has had Lyme or has Lyme Disease will take the few minutes to fill it out: the Lyme Disease Map Project.

The Lyme Disease Map Project is a voluntary study to evaluate the effectiveness of social networking for public health education and to prevent the spread of Lyme disease. To explore the map, click on the pinpoints and read the personal stories of people who have had Lyme disease.

It took me less than 4 minutes to pinpoint myself (no identifying information) on the map, and explain my story in brief. If we can get all real Lyme cases on this map, we will have a better idea of how many people really have Lyme (according to us, not the CDC or MDs who do not believe in or even report the Lyme epidemic). More about this project project.

On another note, I have been dealing with some ups/downs physically. I know all Lyme warriors go through this rollercoaster of UPS and DOWNS, whether they are small or big (let me tell you the good news is that they get less intense until they are really mildly bothersome). I do have a lot of great information to pass along that I learned from many healers, LLMDs, a naturopath on addressing all of this. I will write this out in another post soon.

I also will do a post on "What to do when antibiotics are no longer an option." This was the case for me many years ago after a few years of treatment with antibiotics; even with a picc line in and daily improvements with IV antibiotics, I had to stop because of the acute pancreatitis I developed from the antibiotics. I was hopeless. I had tried herbs before, and they were not strong enough to counter the level of Lyme and it the co-infections that were ravaging my body. I believed antibiotics were the ONLY thing that could cure me. But this was a blessing in disguise because I found an incredibly potent holistic treatment protocol that has worked wonders and really got me to where I am today! More to come soon...Remember, there is ALWAYS hope...when one door closes, another really does open.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Mona: Glad to have found your blog and really enjoy your posts. You are a HUGE inspiration to keep fighting and never give up.

    Like you, I was super active, fit and independent all my life. However, I've been sidelined for the last 3+ years with a chronic illness which may well be Lyme. Because I have EXTREME chemical sensitivities, I'm very reluctant to do the antibiotics which appear to have been successful for you - I don't think my body could handle them. Can you tell me a bit about the treatment you mentioned in your 3/22 post where you said "I found an incredibly potent holistic treatment protocol that has worked wonders and really got me to where I am today".

    Again, thanks for reaching out and sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy, I am going to do a post on "What to do when antibiotics are no longer an option." Right now, I am working on an ebook for Lyme patients to get their SSDI or LTD (Long-term disability) benefits so it may be a while before the aforementioned post comes out. Feel free to email me at monamorphosis@gmail.com. There are MANY holistic options. I have been off abx for 2 years, and got to where I am in the last 2 years all on holistic treatments, so there is hope.

    ReplyDelete